Commenced Contract – February 2012 still ongoing
Approx. 2.5 year contract
Contract Value to date: $6.2 million
The Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) located in Canberra is a joint partnership between the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and the University of NSW (UNSW). It provides an undergraduate learning/living environment for budding Officers of the ADF (Army, Navy and Air Force) to undertake both military and university studies whilst living on site and being exposed to the expectations and rigors of military life.
It also provides post-graduate study for civilians, more senior ADF personnel and public servants.
Approximately 900 Army and Air Force officer cadets and Navy Midshipmen are enrolled in the three year training program at ADFA. About another 500 cadets are currently completing a fourth year of academic studies or post-graduate studies through UNSW. These cadets come from around Australia and from other Defence Forces around the world through military exchange programs.
ADFA is located in Campbell. It is situated next to Mount Pleasant and adjacent to the Royal Military College, Duntroon.
The redevelopment project at the ADFA is required to be completed by 2013 and will provide much required vital upgrades to the existing facilities and services at the campus. A majority of the facilities were designed in 1981 in accordance with the prevailing standards and technology. Since opening,
ADFA has undergone several significant changes in organisation and management arrangements of both the academic and military components. These upgrades will provide an opportunity for ADFA to rationalise the campus and re-evaluate their requirements keeping pace with the technological advances and to meet their perceived needs for next two to three decades.
Project Scope of Works
The following are the scope of works for the project:
- Provide a new 1200 seat Assembly Hall on existing Adams Hall Site. Adams Hall (Building 2) is to be demolished.
- Refurbishment of existing Building 30 and 32 to create a new Learning Space Environment.
- Provide a new Indoor Sports Centre.
- Refurbishment of existing Cadets Mess Hall Kitchen (Building 4).
- Refurbishment of existing JNCO and SNCO Living In Accommodation facilities (Buildings 7 to 11).
- Creation of new space in existing Building 3 for the Divisional Officers and Chaplains Office.
- Provision of new Bike Shelters.
- Upgrade of mechanical central plant items for certain buildings only.
- Provide a new Battle PT ropes training area
The work under this contract covers the complete supply, installation and testing of the work
- Excavation and Backfill in rock excavation
- Subsoil Drainage
- Stormwater Drainage
- Rainwater recycling systems
- Condensate tundishes
- Domestic Gas Services
- Greasy Drainage
- Sanitary Drainage & Plumbing
- Domestic Cold Water
- Domestic Hot Water
- Fire Hydrant Service
- Fire Hose Reel Service
- Sanitary Fixtures & Appliances
- Pumps & Control Equipment
- Demolition works as indicated on drawings
- ADFA 10 projects including gas infrastructure upgrade to gas reticulation
- Gas 460m x 315mm pe 100kpa
- Gas 220m of 110m pe 100kpa
- Including all Gas shut downs and connections
- Water service 265m of 180mm pe
- Fire service 130m of 180mm pe
- 90m 4 x 180mm pe electrical